Pedro Infante was a popular Latin American actor and Ranchera singer. His career spanned over two decades and he appeared in several movies during the Golden Age of Mexican Cinema. This legendary actor was also an adept musician and could play several instruments like Classical guitar, Piano, Violin, Trumpet, and Drums. The Mexican film and music industry lost this star icon at the ripe age of 39 in a tragic plane crash.
- First Name: Pedro
- Middle Name: Infante
- Last Name: Cruz
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Musician
- Age: 39 years old (at the age of death)
- Birth Date: 18 November 1917
- Birth Place: Mazatlan, Sinaloa
- Birth Country: Mexico
Pedro Infante Net Worth
The current net worth of Pedro Infante would be approximately $19 million. His primary source of income was acting and singing.
Pedro Infante: Age, Height, & Weight
This legendary Spanish Actor died at the age of 39 due to a tragic plane crash. He was born on 18 November, 1917, in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
The height of Pedro Infante was 1.77m. The weight of the late actor is not known to us.
Some Facts about Pedro Infante
- Pedro Infante’s career extended over two decades and his fame spread across the continent, to Venezuela, Guatemala, and Peru. His was a popular name in the Golden Age of Mexican Cinema.
- This legendary artist started out his film career in 1939. He appeared in more than 60 films and in 30 of them, he acted alongside his brother, Angel Infante.
- As a musician and a singer, he first made his debut in 1943. Infante went on to record 350 songs over the span of his career.
- His performance in the film Tizoc, along with his co-star Maria Felix, won him the Silver Bear for Best Actor at the 7th Berlin International Film Festival, posthumously. This film also won a Golden Globe Award under the Best Foreign Film category.
- The actor worked with the star Sara Gracia in a number of movies. She always played his loving grandma trying to get him to behave and failing miserably.
- Pedro Infante also received Ariel Award for his role in La Vida No Vale Nada which translates to Life is Worthless in 1956.
- The star died in a tragic plane crash during a flight en route to Mexico City. Later, his remains were found and identified by his gold bracelet.
- There are at least five museums that are dedicated to his life and remarkable career. There are multiple statues of this late actor that have been erected in his honor.
- As a homage to this great actor, the animated film Coco depicted him in a montage.