A short Biography
Jeff Bezos graduated from Princeton University in 1986. He specialized and got a degree in electrical engineering and computer science. The business tycoon started his career in the Wall Street at the year of 1986 and continued up till 1994. Bezos founded Amazon in the late 1994 on a road trip from New York to Seattle. Amazon initially began as an online bookstore and eventually expanded its business. His company now manufactures various other artificial intelligence and e-commerce products.
- First Name: Jeffrey
- Middle Name: Preston
- Last Name: Jorgensen
- Profession: Businessman, entrepreneur, Investor.
- Spouse name: Mackenzie Bezos (divorced)
- Birth Date: 12 January, 1964
- Birth Place: Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Birth Country: United States
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
Forbes declared Jeff Bezos net worth to be $184.6 billion. He was named as the ‘Richest Man of Modern History’. Currently, Jeff Bezos is the CEO of Amazon. Amazon is the world’s largest internet based company right now. He was offered jobs at Intel, Bell Labs and Andersen Consulting.
Jeff Bezos: Age, Height & Weight
The genius businessman is 56 years old. He stands at a height of 1.71 m and weighs 70 kg or 154 lbs.
Some facts about Jeff Bezos
- Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico and he grew up in Houston, Texas.
- In 1999, Jeff Bezos was named Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.
- His company, Amazon initially started off as an online book selling company.
- In September 2000, Bezos founded Blue Origin which is essentially a human spaceflight.
- Jeff Bezos has also expressed his interests in space travel and sustaining human lives on the Solar System.
- He started his orbital vehicle ‘New Shepherd’ and announced tickets for transporting humans to the sub-orbital spaces $200,000 to $300,000 per person.
- Jeff Bezos made an announcement of his purchase of The Washington Post on August 5, 2013.
- He was one of the first shareholders of Google.